A 28-year-old Milledgeville woman was indicted last week by a Baldwin County grand jury on charges that she tried to shoot her parents following an argument with her dad over the watching a University of Georgia football game.
The dispute, according to reports, led to a hail of gunfire at her parents’ home, but fortunately no one being shot. The residence, however, sustained damages from bullets.
Authorities said the woman was upset because her father would not allow her to change the television station to another channel.
The woman’s parents weren’t the only victims in what local authorities described at the time as an active shooter situation. Four of the woman’s children, as well as her infant daughter, also were victims in the case.
The woman reportedly shot at her father first before later opening fire on her mother, who was running across the front lawn of the residence clutching her infant granddaughter, authorities said.
Grand jurors returned an eight-count indictment against Tambria Palmer, who was living with her parents at the time of the alleged crimes. According to records released by the Baldwin County Superior Court Clerk’s Office, Palmer was indicted on the following charges: three counts of aggravated assault, four counts of cruelty to children in the third degree, and reckless conduct.
The once-tense situation, which sent several deputies from the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office, as well as officers from the Milledgeville Police Department to the scene, ended peacefully when Palmer was taken into custody without incident.
The defendant reportedly used a Glock .40-caliber handgun.
Meanwhile, several other defendants were indicted by grand jurors on criminal charges last week. They included:
- Daquantis Kaon Andrews, aggravated assault, sexual battery, and obstruction of a law enforcement officer.
- Aaliyah Hall, aggravated assault, and obstruction of a law enforcement officer.
- Joie Elaine McCluney, aggravated assault.
- Robert Weldon Gossett, aggravated assault.
- Victor Philmore Robbins, aggravated assault.
- Kilondre Jamal Albatin, Rico Cheyenn Fields Jr. and Jerrelle Jayon Shingles were jointly indicted on a charge of aggravated assault.