Milledgeville and Baldwin County residents gather to reflect on the life and career of U.S. Congressman John Lewis and celebrate his legacy with a balloon release.
As featured on
Tributes continue in cities around the country for the late U.S. Rep. John R. Lewis, who represented the 5th District of Georgia for 17 consecutive terms, and who was an icon in the civil rights movement.
This Week's Circulars
Jacob Keith Shettles, 26, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2020, with his faithful golden retriever, Max. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 13, in the chapel of Moores Funeral Home. Burial will follow Beside the Still Waters at Baldwin Memorial Gardens Cemetery. Jacob was born in T…
Funeral services for Bobby Joe Goins Jr., 47, will be conducted Saturday, Aug. 8, 2020, at 4 p.m. in Williams Funeral Home Chapel. Interment will follow in Heritage Memorial Park by the Waters of Reflection. The family will receive friends at the Williams Funeral Home Saturday from 3 p.m. un…
- Wanted Milledgeville man arrested in Macon
- Milledgeville man killed in truck crash
- Baldwin County School District open house dates set
- Teens arrested on gun charges after police shoot at car
- Police: Box truck rear-ends school bus, 1 dead, 7 injured
- Woman dies, man injured after four-wheel chase with deputy
- Georgia police investigated for firing at car carrying kids
- GBI: No evidence that police fired at fleeing Black children
- A fun and relaxed getaway awaits at Scenic Mountain RV Resort
- Kemp affirms no mask mandate in public schools