Pictured are classmates at the George Washington Carver High School 25th year class reunion, summer 1977. Photo submitted by Carmell Walker Dupree.
This Week's Circulars
John H. Lounsbury, 96, passed away on April 2 in Columbia, S.C. He was born Jan. 1, 1924, to parents Orlando H. and Elsa Mae Cook Lounsbury in Plainfield, N.J. After a happy childhood and high school graduation in Plainfield, he came south in September 1941, to enter Tusculum College, Greenv…
Elder Carlos G. Toombs, son of the late Charles "Bud" Toombs and the late Mary Marceil Toombs, succumbed on March 26, 2020, after an extended illness. He was in a Macon Healthcare Facility. Carlos was a well-known musician who played many instruments throughout Georgia, New Jersey and Ohio. …
Margaret Elizabeth Rodimon passed on March 29, 2020, at the age of 68. Affectionally known as "Ma," Ms. Rodimon was born in Marion, Ala. and attended Francis Marion High School before moving to Milledgeville, in 1969. She graduated from Baldwin High School that same year and was a member of …
Sam Kenneth Stefano, 81, passed away Friday, March 27, 2020. A private graveside service will be held in Macon Memorial Park with a memorial service to follow at a later date. Pastor Edlee Mixon will officiate. In lieu of flowers the family requests that donations be made to St. Jude Childre…
Charlie Monroe Edinfield Jr., 81, passed away Saturday, March 28, 2020. Funeral services for Charlie Edinfield Jr. will be conducted from the graveside on Monday, March 30, 2020, at 2 p.m. in Heritage Memorial Park with the Rev. Tim Oliver officiating. A native of Putnam County, Charlie was …
- Baldwin Co. man is 1st local confirmed COVID-19 death
- 7 p.m. COVID-19 update
- Authorities arrest 3 suspects in murder case
- 10 COVID-19 cases confirmed in Baldwin Co.
- Bala Reddy: The musical math teacher
- Baldwin County man arrested on murder charge
- 4th COVID-19 case confirmed in Baldwin County
- 6 COVID-19 cases confirmed in Baldwin Co.
- Crime Digest, Tuesday, March 31, 2020
- Milledgeville resident promoted to GBI Special Agent In-Charge