Kimberly Anne Smith Hobby

Kimberly Anne Smith Hobby

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. — A 57-year-old Milledgeville woman was arrested Tuesday night after she reportedly threw a pot of rice at her husband in front of her daughter and four grandchildren.

Kimberly Anne Smith Hobby, of 177 Cedar Pointe, was charged with simple assault under the Georgia Family Violence Act and four counts of cruelty to children, according to an incident report filed with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office.

She was taken to the Baldwin County Law Enforcement Center and jailed.

Hobby is also accused of hurling a BB gun at her husband, who had been sitting in the living room of their residence petting the family dog.

According to the report, when the deputy got to the Cedar Pointe residence he talked with the woman’s husband and daughter. The suspect’s daughter told the deputy that her mother no longer at the residence. She said her mother had taken off in her dad’s pickup truck after the incident.

The daughter said her mother had been asleep and that when she awakened, she came out of her bedroom and began yelling at her husband and her grandchildren, ages 13, 11, 8 and 7.

The deputy said in his report that the daughter told him her mother walked over to where her husband was sitting at a desk and began yelling at him and accusing him of loving the family dog more than he loved her.

The daughter said her mother progressively became more agitated, as her husband continued to sit and ignore what his wife was telling him.

Hobby later walked into the kitchen and began swiping up all the items on the counter in her husband’s direction. The daughter said the items included food, and that some of the dishes landed on the floor.

Hobby then picked up a boiler of rice and threw it at her husband, according to the report.

She also reportedly picked up a BB gun and threw it at her husband and it struck him in the shin.

While the daughter was in the process of making a 911 call for help, her mother left the residence in her husband’s truck. After she left, she later telephoned her residence and talked with a sheriff’s deputy who persuaded her to return home.

She was arrested and taken to jail after she came back home.

React to this story:


Recommended for you