The five 2019 Oak Hill Middle School REACH (realizing educational achievement can happen) scholars signed their commitments Thursday morning. REACH is the state’s first needs-based mentorship and college scholarship program geared toward students who would be the first in their families to attend college. The current eighth-graders committed to maintaining a 2.5 GPA through the remainder of this year and throughout high school. In return, they will be awarded a $10,000 scholarship that can be used at HOPE-eligible universities and technical colleges around Georgia. Some schools will even match the REACH scholarship, doubling its amount to $20,000. This is Baldwin County’s fifth REACH signing class. Members of the first are set to graduate high school this spring.
As featured on
Five Oak Hill Middle School eighth-graders made big commitments Thursday, and if they stick to them there’s a big payoff waiting once they finish high school.
Listen to the latest podcasts from The Union-Recorder:
This Week's Circulars
Ruth Evelyn Looper Veatch, 90, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18, at Westview Baptist Church with the Rev. Jody Branch, the Rev. Ralph Story and the Rev. Lee Ross officiating. Burial will follow at Baldwin Memorial Gardens. Mrs. Veatch wa…
Rufus Earl Woodcock, 87, of Milledgeville, passed away Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2020. Funeral services for Mr. Woodcock will be conducted Friday, Jan. 17, 2020, at 3 p.m. in the chapel of Williams Funeral Home of Milledgeville with Bishop Wilse Davis officiating. Interment will follow in Heritage M…
Mr. William "Carey" Roberts Sr., 72, passed away on Jan. 7, 2020. Funeral services will be private. Mr. Roberts was a native of Milledgeville and had lived in Hancock County for a number of years. He was the son of the late Calvin James Roberts and the late Nora Clifford Miller Roberts and w…
- Prison inmate charged in murder of another inmate
- Woman indicted in 3 vehicle deaths
- Georgia Power prepared for severe weather expected over the weekend
- Car salesman indicted in murder of UGA professor
- Drive-by shooting damages mobile home
- UPDATE: Double-shooting leaves woman, man dead in White Plains; Authorities have now released names of the victims
- CGTC signs internship agreement with Robins AFB
- Grant pleads not guilty at arraignment
- Prior not seeking re-election as chief judge
- Grand jury indicts 2 on assault charges
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.