Georgia Military College named Shanta Davis the 2020-2021 Employee of the Year. Davis has been a part of the GMC family for a combined seven years, first joining the Milledgeville campus in 2012 and returning later to serve in her current role as Advising Center supervisor.
When nominating Davis for GMC Employee of the Year, Colonel (Ret) Nelson Kraft, executive director for the Lake Country Region said, “No employee has contributed more to the accomplishments of the GMC vision, mission, and strategic plan over the past year than Shanta Davis.”
Kraft added: “Shanta is incredibly dedicated to providing the best possible service to our students, working days, nights, and weekends without complaint all for the benefit of GMC. It’s obvious that Shanta’s main focus is student success, and she is committed to GMC’s future and truly embodies ‘Character Above All.’”
“We have some really amazing students and I love building lasting relationships, guiding them towards their milestones, and watching them walk across the stage at graduation,” Davis said. “As an advisor, we’re able to see all the hard work they put into their studies and it’s refreshing to see their dreams come to fruition.”
In addition to the overall Employee of the Year, many others across GMC’s campuses were recognized for their hard work at Georgia Military College.
Georgia Military College Employee of the Year (overall): Shanta Davis, GMC-Milledgeville
- GMC-Augusta, Eastern Region: Andrea Parker, Advising Center Supervisor
- GMC-Columbus, Western Region: Marissa Readinger, Assistant Campus Director
- GMC-Fairburn, Atlanta Metro Region: Theresa Gullatt, Registrar Library Associate
- GMC-Valdosta, Southern Region: Ellory Bishop, Academic Success Coach
- GMC-Warner Robins, Central Region: Kenneth Wilkerson, Academic Advisor
- Georgia Military Global Online College: Taylor Flanagan, Enrollment Coach
- Institutional Nominee: Wendy Smith, Nurse Director