EATONTON, Ga. — Five members of a Florida family killed in a fiery plane crash in rural Putnam County on Friday afternoon have been identified, authorities say.
The pilot, along with his daughter, son-in-law and his two grandchildren, were among those killed.
The victims were flying from Williston, Fla. to Newcastle, Ind. to attend a funeral.
Putnam County Sheriff Howard R. Sills identified the victims on Friday night as
- Larry Ray Pruitt, 67, of Morriston, Fla., the pilot and owner of the aircraft;
- Jody Rae LaMont, 43, of Gainesville, Fla.;
- Shawn Charles Lamont, 41, of Gainesville, Fla.;
- Jace LaMont, 6, also of Gainesville, Fla.; and
- Alice LaMont, 4, also of Gainesville, Fla.
The aircraft was identified as a Piper 31-T Cheyenne twin-engine turbo prop, which reportedly disintegrated before crashing and exploding into a fireball in a wooded area near a field off Tanyard Road near Ga. Route 44, also known as Eatonton-Greensboro Road.