Sgt. 1st Class Thomas Resha surprises his daughter Danica Resha, a GMC Prep seventh-grader, during Friday morning's formation. Sergeant Resha had been deployed with the Army National Guard's 48th Brigade in Afghanistan since late December, and his daughter only knew he'd return home sometime between September and December so she had no idea he would be attending Friday formation.
As featured on
This Week's Circulars
Elligene Brown Couey, 86, passed away Tuesday, April 7, 2020. Graveside services were held at 2 p.m. Friday, April 10, beside the still waters at Baldwin Memorial Gardens Cemetery. Mrs. Couey was born and raised in Dodge County and had made her home in Milledgeville for many years. She was p…
William Foster "Billy" Cook, 81, passed away April 8, 2020. Services will be held at a later date. Burial will be at Georgia Veterans Memorial Cemetery. Mr. Cook was a native and of Sparta but had made his home in Milledgeville. He was a retired from the United States Navy serving as a fligh…
Mrs. Evelyn Hendrix Sumner, 77, passed away on April 7, 2020. A Graveside funeral service will be held on Friday, April 10, 2020, at 2 p.m. in Pleasant Grove Baptist Cemetery in Wrightsville. Mrs. Sumner was a native of McIntyre and was the daughter of the late John Douglas Hendrix and Clair…
Barbara Layfield Atchison, 84, passed away Friday, April 3, 2020. Graveside services were held Saturday, April 4, at Scenic Memorial Gardens Cemetery with Dr. Ron McClung officiating. Mrs. Atchison was a native and lifelong resident of Milledgeville. She was a devoted Pastor's wife of 64 yea…
- University of Pittsburgh COVID-19 vaccine successful in trials
- Putnam Co. man arrested on child molestation charges
- 10 COVID-19 cases confirmed in Baldwin Co.
- Cook Building employees concerned about work conditions
- ‘That was difficult because I had wanted so badly to go to Mark’s funeral’
- 7 p.m. COVID-19 update
- CRAIG: Crisis in Baldwin County
- 14 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Baldwin Co.
- UPDATE: Georgia reports 6,383 coronavirus cases, 208 deaths
- 11 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Baldwin Co.