Georgia Military College Prep held its Patriot Day observance on Friday, Sept. 10, 2021, marking the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
As featured on
Everyone knows where they were on Sept. 11, 2001, when multiple coordinated terrorist attacks were carried out against the United States of America.
At least, those who were alive at that harrowing point in time do.
- UPDATE: Jury chosen, death penalty trial to begin Monday in Eatonton
- Baldwin County wins prestigious international award
- Southeastern Immediate Care welcomes a new primary care provider
- Qualifying of prospective jurors nearly complete in death penalty case
- COVID cases down in local public schools
- Pilot killed in Middle Georgia crash was a local crop duster
- City issues emergency water conservation request
- Jury selection process now stands at 52 qualified jurors
- Firefighters, lawmen help save woman’s life
- ‘DOG’GONE SHUTOUT: GMC Prep wins region opener, 20-0
This Week's Circulars
Helen Taylor O'Neal, 81, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2021. Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Baldwin Memorial Gardens. Mrs. O'Neal was born in Baxley, Ga. on Aug. 15, 1940, to John Taylor and Allie Deen Taylor. She had made her home in Milledgeville since 1949 and wor…
Ethel Lee Elliott Smallwood, 90, of Shady Dale, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2021, at her residence. Ethel Smallwood was born and raised in Shady Dale, Ga. to the late Charlie Walker Elliott Sr. and Magnolia Rogers Elliott. Ethel moved to Milledgeville in 1952 and married the late Robert…
The death of Marjorie (Marge) Veal Smith occurred Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the chapel of Moores Funeral Home with the Rev. Mac Enfinger officiating. Private burial will follow at Memory Hill Cemetery. Ms. Marge was a native of Washington County an…