As featured on
More than 20 Baldwin County employees are self-quarantined this week after someone visited the county courthouse recently and later learned they had tested positive for the novel coronavirus COVID-19, The Union-Recorder has learned.
As the novel coronavirus pandemic has altered most aspects of daily activity, there is one thing that hasn’t been interrupted — day-to-day operations of city and county governments.
This Week's Circulars
Mrs. Jodi Eady passed away Friday morning, May 29, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 challenges, a celebration of life service will be held at a later date when it is safe for family and friends to gather together. Mrs. Eady was a native of McIntyre and made it her lifetime home. She was a homemaker…
Clifton L. "C.L." Brooks, 87, passed away Sunday, May 31, 2020. Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 3, at Ramah Cemetery with the Rev. Freddy Hogg officiating. Mr. Brooks was a native and life-long resident of Wilkinson County. He worked for Gateway Transportation and …
Carolyn Stanton Fordham, 90, passed away Friday, May 29, 2020. Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday, June 2, at Baldwin Memorial Gardens Cemetery. Mrs. Fordham born and raised in Devereux but had made her home in Milledgeville for many years. She was a devoted piano teacher and …
Mrs. Rubye Cox Pittman, 87, of Lakeside Drive, Milledgeville, died Wednesday, May 27, 2020, following a brief illness. A graveside funeral service celebrating her life will be held on Saturday, May 30, at 4 p.m. in the Davisboro Cemetery in Davisboro with the Rev. Mac Enfinger and Reverend D…
- Former state Rep. Rusty Kidd has passed away
- Corrections closes facilities, troopers lose manpower to offset budget cuts
- UPDATE: Georgia adds more than 600 COVID-19 cases overnight
- UPDATE: Georgia surpasses 2,000 COVID-19 deaths
- Authorities arrest 3 suspects in drug mailing operation
- Authorities looking for missing local man
- Glennville girl critically injured in boating accident
- Kemp authorizes 3,000 Guard troops for protests in Georgia
- Deaths from COVID-19 rising in Baldwin, Hancock counties
- DPH: 26 deaths, 337 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Baldwin Co.