MILLEDGEVILLE — The ceremonial first ribbon was officially cut Monday on the newest Hobby Lobby store. The Milledgeville location marks the arts and crafts retail chain’s 26th store in Georgia. Hobby Lobby is located in the Heritage Walk Shopping Center’s former Kroger location. Departments include floral, fabric, needle art, custom framing, baskets, home accents, wearable art, arts and crafts, jewelry and scrapbooking and paper crafting supplies. Store hours are Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and all Hobby Lobby stores are closed on Sunday.
- Local News
The Local Yolkal Café celebrates its one-year anniversary as downtown Milledgeville's only breakfast, brunch and lunch restaurant.
Local Yolkal celebrates one-year anniversary
A local downtown restaurant will mark its first year in business April 19.
- Flooring America celebrates 30 years
- Auto clinic ownership in second generation
- Alliance Financial Partners furnishes passionate, long-term planning approach
- Speech-language pathologist expands services to local area
- Local Yolkal celebrates one-year anniversary
- Local Sports
Dalton Threatt led the Bulldogs on the mound in yesterday’s loss to FPD at home. The senior pitched over five innings against the Vikings.
GMC bats stale after break
Coming off a brief hiatus from live competitions, Georgia Military Prep School baseball blew off some rust in their first game since spring break against First Presbyterian Day School at home Wednesday night.
- Lady Dogs notch two conference wins
- JMA baseball still hot
- JMA baseball heating up
- UR ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Senior carries Braves offense
- GMC bats stale after break
Extending community concern to beautification improves quality of life
Later this month the local community will join observers in celebrating Earth Day, a day set aside to promote environmental awareness and sound earth stewardship practices.
- The Oconee River Greenway is a privilege and a responsibility
- National Crime Victims Rights Week: Engage in domestic violence awareness, be a solution
- Thought and care are required to improve Baldwin rec sports
- Support CSH at this weekend's Arts at the Grove Festival
- Extending community concern to beautification improves quality of life
CURTAIN CALL: Auditions today for upcoming 'Hay Fever'
“Would you dance with a friend, for until this war ends, there’s no more time.
- RICHARDSON: Who wears the pants and advice for wives of fishermen
- ROWLAND: After 40 years, the memory is still sweet
- DAVIDSON: Land of the free and home of the brave
- ORMC: One of the most important things you can do for your child is vaccinate
- CURTAIN CALL: Auditions today for upcoming 'Hay Fever'
GRIFFITH: Citizen questions Kidd's committee
I read Rep. Kidd's lengthy article in the March 29-31 edition of the Union-Recorder about providing the community with the information needed to make an educated decision about the consolidation of city/county governments.
- SINCLAIR: Local discusses international health care experience
- KENT: City resident challenges 'rich' label
- RICKMAN: Fair coordinator thanks contributors
- SMITH: Wreck survivor praises firemen
- GRIFFITH: Citizen questions Kidd's committee
- Local Weather Radar