The Twin Lakes Library System is continuing its search for a new library director.
Stephen Whigham is currently serving as interim director until the vacancy is filled.
“It's a great job and an excellent library to work for,” he said.
Whigham has been serving as interim since February.
Former library Executive Director Barry Reese and Assistant Director LaToya Davidson both turned in their resignations in early January. Their last official day at work was Saturday, Feb. 8. With limited funding provided by the state, the assistant director position will not be filled library officials said in February.
The library's Board of Trustees has received a few job applications.
“I'm an optimist by nature, and I'm certain the board will choose the right person for the position,” Whigham said.
Required qualifications for the job include a master’s degree in Library Science from a library school accredited by the American Library Association, a minimum of five years of increasingly responsible professional library experience including significant administrative and supervisory responsibility, and a valid Professional Librarians Certificate from the State of Georgia.
Additional qualifications include:
• commitment of the mission and philosophy of public library service;
• excellent leadership skills;
• excellent communication skills, interpersonal and technology skills;
• possessing the ability to work effectively with library trustees, elected officials and community groups;
• the ability to supervise and motivate library staff and volunteers;
• the ability to work in a dynamic library environment, including working with the public; and
• experience in seeking and obtaining philanthropic and public funding.
“This library has an excellent staff, and it's situated in a great community,” said Whigham. “If you're interested in the opportunity to work with a group of great people and you've got the right credentials this is the job to apply for.”
For a more detailed description of job duties and responsibilities or to apply for the position, visit georgialibraries.org.