Putin says Russia is owed as much as $35 billion for natural gas and related costs.
6. GOP WHITE HOUSE FAVORITE STIRS CONTROVERSY
Jeb Bush describes illegal immigration as an "act of love" by people hoping to provide for their families. The backlash from his own party is swift.
7. WOMAN TOSSES SHOE AT HILLARY CLINTON
The incident happens moments after the former secretary of state takes the stage to deliver a speech at a Las Vegas convention. The footwear misses its target.
8. VIDEO SHOWS SUICIDE BOMBER IN EGYPT
An al-Qaida-inspired group posts footage online showing an attack at a security headquarters that killed 16 people in December.
9. ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME WELCOMES NEWCOMERS
Nirvana, Peter Gabriel, Kiss, Hall and Oates, Linda Ronstadt and the E Street Band are among this year's inductees.
10. HOW MICKELSON FARED ON DAY 1 OF THE MASTERS
The three-time champ struggles to a 4-over 76 — one off the worst scores of his career at Augusta.