The Union Recorder

Homepage

June 11, 2014

Morning Update, Wednesday, June 11

MILLEDGEVILLE — Good morning. Here’s a look at what’s happening today.





Weather: 





A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, becoming likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday night mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Best bet for today:

The Milledgeville Exchange Club meets today at noon at the Country Club.

On this day:

This week is National Automative Service Professionals Week. ASE established this program to honor the commitment and dedication of automotive, truck, and collision technicians, along with parts specialists and other support professionals who serve the motoring public.

Upcoming events:

Allied Arts will present watercolor workshops for adults taught by Dana Wiggins June 28 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Allen’s Market. Call 478-452-3950 for more information.

Our poll question for the week:

Do you plan to travel this summer?




10 Things to Know for Today from The Associated Press

:

Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:

1. CANTOR DEFEAT SENDS SHOCK WAVES THROUGH GOP

Tea party challenger Dave Brat wins a stunning upset victory against the House majority leader in the 7th District Republican primary contest in Virginia.

2. OHIO, ILLINOIS SOLDIERS AMONG FIVE DEAD IN AFGHANISTAN

One of the American GIs killed by a U.S. airstrike was deployed a month after his father died and another one was engaged to be married.

3. US DOUBTS IRAQI PREMIER CAN STEM VIOLENCE

With no prospects for the emergence of a new leader who can stop further Sunni Muslim insurgency gains, the Obama administration is largely resigned to continue working with Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

Text Only
Local News
web break-1.jpg

Features
IMG_4543.JPG

Excited boys and girls participate in the ‘Mommy and Me’ swim instruction class taught by Gail Oliver and Ansley Roberts.

Business
07-25 Chatter.JPG

Chatter Boutique owner Amber Patitucci shows off a new shipment of jewelry. The former educator turned businesswoman is celebrating one year of business. To commemorate the event, the store is featuring a birthday bash sale with items at half price.

Local Sports
07-31 12U state champs_2.tif

The Baldwin County 12U All-Stars are state champions.

Editorials
Columns
Letters
Local Weather Radar
Poll
AP Video
Renewed Violence Taking Toll on Gaza Residents 2 Americans Detained in North Korea Seek Help US Employers Add 209K Jobs, Rate 6.2 Pct House GOP Optimistic About New Border Bill Gaza Truce Unravels; Israel, Hamas Trade Blame Raw: Tunisia Closes Borders With Libya Four Rescued From Crashed Plane Couple Channel Grief Into Soldiers' Retreat WWI Aviation Still Alive at Aerodrome in NY Raw: Rescuers at Taiwan Explosion Scene Raw: Woman Who Faced Death Over Faith in N.H. Clinton Before 9-11: Could Have Killed Bin Laden Netanyahu Vows to Destroy Hamas Tunnels Obama Slams Republicans Over Lawsuit House Leaders Trade Blame for Inaction
Facebook
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
Parade
Magazine

Click HERE to read all your Parade favorites including Hollywood Wire, Celebrity interviews and photo galleries, Food recipes and cooking tips, Games and lots more.
Stocks
NDN Video
Under Armour Launches Biggest Women's Campaign with Inspiring Ad NYPD chokehold death of Eric Garner was homicide: medical examiner Christina Aguilera Pulls a Demi Moore! Man with no arms throws first pitch Chapter Two: Composing for a film in retirement Is Justin Bieber Dating a Model? Guardians of the Galaxy (Trailer) 'Sharknado 2:' Hottest Memes Surfing The Net Snoop Dogg Narrating Animal Footage Is Perfect Raw: Obama Gets Hug From Special Olympian Recapping a Blockbuster MLB Trade Deadline Tigers Acquire David Price - @TheBuzzeronFOX Russell Brand Slams Sean Hannity Over Gaza Conflict Segment Woman's Dive Goes Terribly Wrong Brian Williams Reports on Daughter Allison Williams' 'Peter Pan' Casting News Did Jimmy Fallon Look Up Heidi Klum's Dress? What Drama? Miranda Kerr Poses Topless Plane crashes in San Diego Costco parking lot Justin Bieber Takes To Instagram To Diss Orlando Bloom You Won't Believe the Celeb Cameos in "Sharknado 2"