MILLEDGEVILLE — Childre Nissan held a Facebook campaign to help The Empty Stocking Fund feed needy families this year. For every like or share on the Childre Nissan page between Thanksgiving Day and Dec. 21, Childre Nissan donated $2 to the fund. In all, $866 was raised and 25 needy families were fed. Pictured (left to right): Jason Childre, general manager of Childre Nissan; Randy New, director of The Empty Stocking Fund; Jimmy Childre Sr., owner of Childre Nissan; and Josh Coffey, F&I manager at Childre Nissan.
- Local News
Cade Bass practices her pitching technique at the newly opened Between the Lines 8,000-square foot indoor facility located inside the Columbia Center at 611 Hammock Rd. Members gain 24-hour access to the batting cages, tee work and soft toss training stations, pitching rubber and areas for various agility and other sport-related fitness activities.
Between the Lines facility available for serious practice
Four partners came together to purchase an 8,000-square foot facility for baseball and softball development.
- Local Yolkal celebrates one-year anniversary
- Flooring America celebrates 30 years
- Auto clinic ownership in second generation
- Alliance Financial Partners furnishes passionate, long-term planning approach
- Between the Lines facility available for serious practice
- Local Sports
Baldwin High track and field senior Alashawn Grigley signed her National Letter of Intent to attend Jackson State University Thursday with teammates, family and supportive coaches present.
Bravette joining Jackson State track
Baldwin High School track and field underclassmen sat in awe of senior Alashawn Grigley Thursday, as she signed a National Letter of Intent to further her athletic and academic career at Jackson State University.
- UR ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Chambers leads Lady Trojan soccer
- GMC bats stale after break
- Lady Dogs notch two conference wins
- JMA baseball still hot
- Bravette joining Jackson State track
Baldwin County's participation in the NCS is beneficial
Nearly three years ago Baldwin County earned the distinction of selection for a part of medical research history.
- HODGES: Sunday is coming
- Voter registration is approaching, voice your opinion
- Extending community concern to beautification improves quality of life
- The Oconee River Greenway is a privilege and a responsibility
- Baldwin County's participation in the NCS is beneficial
CURTAIN CALL: Lots of music, theater this week in Milledgeville
“Marry the man today, Trouble though he may be, Much as he likes to play, Crazy and wild and free...”
- OUR SPACE: Curiosity is working hard on Mars
- RICHARDSON: Skin cancer ain’t so bad — don’t worry about it
- ROWLAND: It sure is quiet around here
- CURTAIN CALL: Auditions today for upcoming 'Hay Fever'
- CURTAIN CALL: Lots of music, theater this week in Milledgeville
SANDERS: Boys & Girls Club reaches to community
The Boys & Girls Club of Baldwin and Jones Counties is worthy of your support.
- QUEEN: Visitors compliment CVB employees
- BARNES: Local voices displeasure with Kidd
- GRIFFITH: Citizen questions Kidd's committee
- SINCLAIR: Local discusses international health care experience
- SANDERS: Boys & Girls Club reaches to community
- Local Weather Radar