- Local News
Local Boys & Girls Clubs Executive Director Paul Bernard stacks to-go plates outside Crockett’s Cafeteria during last year’s annual spaghetti dinner benefit.
Boys & Girls Club serves up annual spaghetti feast
Crockett’s Cafeteria is ready to serve up a hearty spaghetti feast using more than 80 pounds of noodles as part of the 25th annual spaghetti dinner fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Club of Baldwin and Jones Counties.
- Councilman Joiner asked to resign, reimburse city
- Lights, lights, more lights
- Isakson packs town hall meeting
- Wilkinson Co. defendants sentenced in food stamp fraud scheme
- Boys & Girls Club serves up annual spaghetti feast
Holiday classic comes to local stage
The 18th anniversary performance of The Nutcracker, presented by the Georgia College Department of Theatre and Dance, will be performed at Russell Auditorium next month.
- 'A Beautiful December'
- GMC family joins community in honoring deputy
- College student recognized for his selfless efforts
- Kitchens Road
- Holiday classic comes to local stage
Chaplinwood utilizes an OmniVR for virtual rehabilitation exercises and activities. This unit takes the fear out of physical movement for older adults.
Chaplinwood on cutting edge of health, rehab
Chaplinwood Health and Rehabilitation isn’t the stereotypical “nursing home” the 40-year-old stigma might suggest.
- Butler Ford celebrates 25 years of success
- Goodie Gallery’s old school model still working well
- Studio Designs Printing helps businesses grow their business
- Need a Nerd repairs prized personal electronics
- Chaplinwood on cutting edge of health, rehab
- Local Sports
Baldwin High senior Marquise Williams has led the Braves on the court in each of their first three games this season, averaging 22.7 points and 11 rebounds a game.
UR ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: BHS senior works to perfect his game
Despite the Baldwin High basketball team dropping its first three games of the season, senior Marquise Williams has solidified himself as a player to watch out for this winter in Middle Georgia, earning a double-double in each of the contests.
- Trojan basketball teams win opener
- Augusta players lead for GMC
- Bulldogs’ Robinson a humble star
- BHS teams split against region competition
- UR ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: BHS senior works to perfect his game
Keep a watchful eye this busy shopping season
As many of us are working steadily on whittling down our shopping lists, we should also keep a watchful eye out during the busy shopping season.
- EDITORIAL: Shopping small pays big
- Utilize, value your democratic voice
- EDITORIAL: Partnerships the right plan to broaden options for locals
- Help stem the tide and bring forth community change
- Keep a watchful eye this busy shopping season
HODGES: Sometimes it doesn’t work out
Thanksgiving week was supposed to have been so much fun this year, but it didn’t work out.
- CURTAIN CALL: Lots of holiday treats this week
- OUR SPACE: ISON: Zombie Comet from outer space
- ORMC: Why lung cancer strikes nonsmokers
- RICHARDSON: So much thankfulness this year
- HODGES: Sometimes it doesn’t work out
Community remembrance event successful
The ninth year of the “9-11 Community Kids Party” was once again a huge success and it was all thanks to the support of the Milledgeville local businesses.
- Representative disappointed with voter turnout
- Building underground might be a needed community solution
- American Legion Auxiliary members thanks Armed Forces
- Plan comes together with community help
- Community remembrance event successful
- Local Weather Radar