- Local News
Empty Stocking Fund 25 years strong
This year marks the 25th anniversary of The Empty Stocking Fund, sponsored each year by area businesses, clubs and individuals to provide holiday food boxes to the community’s needy families.
- Parade celebrates Christmas despite weather
- Greek home restriction moves to Council
- Christmas concert benefits local CISMBC
- Bicycling Club of Milledgeville Christmas Lights Ride this weekend
- Empty Stocking Fund 25 years strong
Holiday classic comes to local stage
The 18th anniversary performance of The Nutcracker, presented by the Georgia College Department of Theatre and Dance, will be performed at Russell Auditorium next month.
- 'A Beautiful December'
- GMC family joins community in honoring deputy
- College student recognized for his selfless efforts
- Kitchens Road
- Holiday classic comes to local stage
Chaplinwood utilizes an OmniVR for virtual rehabilitation exercises and activities. This unit takes the fear out of physical movement for older adults.
Chaplinwood on cutting edge of health, rehab
Chaplinwood Health and Rehabilitation isn’t the stereotypical “nursing home” the 40-year-old stigma might suggest.
- Butler Ford celebrates 25 years of success
- Goodie Gallery’s old school model still working well
- Studio Designs Printing helps businesses grow their business
- Need a Nerd repairs prized personal electronics
- Chaplinwood on cutting edge of health, rehab
- Local Sports
Trojans basketball teams split against Tattnall
The John Milledge Academy varsity basketball teams split a doubleheader against Tattnall Square Academy Friday evening.
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to baseball Hall
- GMC comes up short in quest for title
- UR ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: BHS senior works to perfect his game
- Trojan basketball teams win opener
- Trojans basketball teams split against Tattnall
Support Baldwin's educational future
For the past two years local bands and choirs have joined forces to present a musical delight on Grant Parade, while also uniting with community to take a stand for education.
- Keep a watchful eye this busy shopping season
- EDITORIAL: Shopping small pays big
- Utilize, value your democratic voice
- EDITORIAL: Partnerships the right plan to broaden options for locals
- Support Baldwin's educational future
RICHARDSON: Gift ideas for old geezers
I have recently entered a stage of life commonly referred to as being of a “ripe old age.”
- ROWLAND: Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good
- HODGES: Sometimes it doesn’t work out
- CURTAIN CALL: Lots of holiday treats this week
- OUR SPACE: ISON: Zombie Comet from outer space
- RICHARDSON: Gift ideas for old geezers
Charity offers thanks, requests community involvement
This year marks the 25th anniversary of The Empty Stocking Fund, sponsored each year by area businesses, clubs and individuals to provide holiday food boxes to the area’s needy families.
- Community remembrance event successful
- Representative disappointed with voter turnout
- Building underground might be a needed community solution
- American Legion Auxiliary members thanks Armed Forces
- Charity offers thanks, requests community involvement
- Local Weather Radar