MILLEDGEVILLE — Georgia Military College will host its annual Alumni Weekend next week at the main campus in Milledgeville as hundreds of alumni and friends from all GMC campuses reunite to take part in a weekend full of events. The weekend festivities will also include a groundbreaking ceremony and the launch of a fundraising campaign for the college’s Health and Wellness Center.
The weekend of events are set to kick off Friday, Oct. 19, and conclude Saturday, Oct. 20. Events for the weekend include:
Friday, Oct. 19
• 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Online Recall previews at the Sibley-Cone Library: preview the online yearbook collection from the years 1945 to 1965; see the military uniform exhibit representing the years from 1898 to 1975 and enjoy the recently redone Special Collections;
• 9:30 a.m. golf tournament at the Milledgeville Country Club. Players must sign-in at the golf shop before 9:30 a.m., with tournament play to begin at 10 a.m. Paid by cash or check only, the registration fee of $45 includes green fees, cart and box lunch, for which $10 will go toward the purchase of engraved pavers in memory of GMC alumni. All players will receive a prize at the end of play. Reservations must be made by contacting the GMC Advancement Office by Wednesday, Oct. 17;
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. complimentary tour Georgia’s Old Capital Museum. Learn the story of how Milledgeville and the Oconee River valley relate from prehistory into the 20th century via Native American artifacts and nine galleries featuring unique collections of history;
• 1:30 p.m. Alumni Weekend registration opens at the Information Technology Building at the south gate entrance;
• 2 to 3:30 p.m. academic complex tours: GMC Prep School girl’s trio will perform at the Atrium as a shuttle will leave from the south gate for tours of Baugh Barracks, Ruark Athletic Complex and Craig and Couch Fields; refreshments will be available for all tours;