• Turkeys should be less than 12 lbs., and 8 to 10 lbs. turkeys are often the most appropriate size.
• Use only peanut, canola or safflower oils in the fryer.
• Slowly lower the turkey into the pot to avoid spillage.
• Make sure a fire extinguisher is nearby, just in case an accident occurs. Water should never be used to try to extinguish a grease or oil fire. Always call 911 in the event of a fire.
• Remember that it may take several hours for the oil in a deep fryer to cool.
• Avoid excessive drinking when using a deep-fryer.
Click here to subscribe to The Union-Recorder print edition. http://tinyurl.com/6qdm4oj
Click here to subscribe to The Union-Recorder e-edition and view this full article. http://unionrecorder.cnhi.newsmemory.com/