MILLEDGEVILLE — A Baldwin County grand jury issued 30 indictments Monday. Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright said the grand jury was the first selected under the new single box rules.
Georgia used to have forced balancing, where only certain groups were called for an even split.
Now, everyone in Baldwin County over the age of 18 on the voter's and drivers license's list is a candidate to serve.
Bright said all 22 grand jurors were first timers.
The following were indicted:
* Artenimus Mack Monday was indicted on one count of murder, two counts of felony murder, one count of armed robbery, one count of aggravated assault, and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
* Earnest Clayton, Labarron Curry, Al Mapp and Xavier Sanders were all indicted on one count of aggravated assault. Jerry Mathews was indicted on a separate count of aggravated assault.
* Calvin Clark and Edward Hill were indicted for one count felony theft by taking.
* Aaron Chandler and Danelle Hassler were indicted on one count of Violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act (VGCSA) possession of oxycodone.
* Alexander Young was indicted on one count aggravated assault.
* Stephen Wyche was indicted on one count of entering an auto.
* Eric Walden was indicted on one count of VGCSA possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
* Netobia Tucker was indicted on one count of aggravated assault and one count of possession of firearm by a convicted felon.
* Brent Thompson was indicted on one count felony theft by receiving stolen property.
* Timothy Taylor was indicted on one count aggravated battery and one count aggravated assault.
* Andrew Tabor was indicted on count one count VGCSA sale of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate and one count possession.
* Altuan Strange was indicted on one count terroristic threats and acts, one count felony obstruction of officer and one count criminal trespass.