MILLEDGEVILLE — A Baldwin County grand jury issued 30 indictments Monday. Ocmulgee Judicial Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright said the grand jury was the first selected under the new single box rules.
Georgia used to have forced balancing, where only certain groups were called for an even split.
Now, everyone in Baldwin County over the age of 18 on the voter's and drivers license's list is a candidate to serve.
Bright said all 22 grand jurors were first timers.
The following were indicted:
* Artenimus Mack Monday was indicted on one count of murder, two counts of felony murder, one count of armed robbery, one count of aggravated assault, and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
* Earnest Clayton, Labarron Curry, Al Mapp and Xavier Sanders were all indicted on one count of aggravated assault. Jerry Mathews was indicted on a separate count of aggravated assault.
* Calvin Clark and Edward Hill were indicted for one count felony theft by taking.
* Aaron Chandler and Danelle Hassler were indicted on one count of Violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act (VGCSA) possession of oxycodone.
* Alexander Young was indicted on one count aggravated assault.
* Stephen Wyche was indicted on one count of entering an auto.
* Eric Walden was indicted on one count of VGCSA possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
* Netobia Tucker was indicted on one count of aggravated assault and one count of possession of firearm by a convicted felon.
* Brent Thompson was indicted on one count felony theft by receiving stolen property.
* Timothy Taylor was indicted on one count aggravated battery and one count aggravated assault.
* Andrew Tabor was indicted on count one count VGCSA sale of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate and one count possession.
* Altuan Strange was indicted on one count terroristic threats and acts, one count felony obstruction of officer and one count criminal trespass.
* Kenneth Simmons was indicted with interference with government property.
* Jacques Simmons was indicted on one count VGCSA possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and two counts of misdemeanor obstruction of officer.
* Derrick Mosley was indicted on one count VGCSA cocaine possession with intent to distribute, one count marijuana possession with intent to distribute, come inside the guard lines of jail with drugs, driving too fast for conditions, improper tires and possession of firearm by convicted felon.
* Thomas Moon was indicted on one count aggravated assault and one count battery.
* Samuel Montgomery was indicted on one count VGCSA possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and one count theft of mislaid property misdemeanor.
* Antonio Mason was indicted with single counts of aggravated assault, terroristic threats and acts, simple battery, simple assault and cruelty to children in the third degree.
* Terald Jackson indictment consists of one count robbery by sudden snatching, one count simple battery, and one count false report of a crime.
* Donald Harper was indicted on one count VGCSA possession of hydrocodone and one count possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
* Kimberly Hall was indicted on three counts aggravated assault and two counts terroristic threats and acts.
* Amanda Green indictments consisted of VGCSA possession of methamphetamine, one count of coming inside the guard lines of a jail with drugs, obstruction of officer misdemeanor, DUI, failure to maintain lane and failure to apply for new drivers license after changing address.
* Fritz Francois was indicted for one count identity fraud.
* Thomas Ethan Folendore was indicted on three counts aggravated battery and one count aggravated assault.
* Darriell Cross was indicted on one count aggravated assault.
* Bryan Clemons was indicted on one count aggravated assault.
* Michael Clay was indicted on four VGCSA counts including manufacture of methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, possession of diazepam, and possession of marijuana misdemeanor.
* Danny Carver was indicted for aggravated assault.
* Christopher Scoggins and Jimmy Scoggins were both indicted on two counts of aggravated assault and one count criminal damage to property in second degree. Jimmy Scoggins was indicted on additional counts of DUI, open container violation and possession of firearm by a convicted felon.
* Shawn Horatio Hill and Latasha Yvette White were indicted on three counts robbery. Hill was indicted on additional counts of theft by taking, criminal trespass, reckless driving and driving while license suspended.
Indictments by the grand jury do not indicate guilt or innocence. An indictment means the grand jury feels there is enough evidence to move forward with charges. All persons are considered innocent until proven guilty.
Click here to subscribe to The Union-Recorder print edition. http://tinyurl.com/6qdm4oj
Click here to subscribe to The Union-Recorder e-edition and view this full article. http://unionrecorder.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx