The Milledgeville Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) has chosen the downtown post office for its 2013 Christmas ornament.
Early construction of the post office, located at the corner of Hancock and Wilkinson streets began in 1911 and was completed in June 1913. The building formerly housed the Mary Vinson Memorial Library from 1960 to 1986 before the CVB began operating out of the building in 1987.
The CVB has featured historical landmarks on its Christmas ornaments since 1988.
The 2013 ornament and a limited number of ornaments from past years are available at the CVB office and J.C. Grant Co. for $9.10.
For more information about the ornament call 478-452-4687.