The Union Recorder

January 8, 2013

Businesses ring in new year with new alcohol licenses

From staff reports
The Union-Recorder

MILLEDGEVILLE — Nearly all businesses in Milledgeville with a 2012 city alcohol beverage license rang in the new year with the chance to sell and serve alcohol Jan. 1 after meeting the mid-December renewal deadline. 

According to Patti Rushin of the city finance department, one business received their license after City Council held a last-minute called meeting Dec. 31. 

Pryme Lounge and Westside Pool Room missed the deadline and are currently unable to serve or sell alcohol.

With the renewal process over, businesses seeking an alcohol license in 2013 must comply with the application process, including paying fees and passing a background check and fire inspection before being placed on City Council’s agenda for final approval. 

Current businesses are also required to hold a state alcohol license.

Occupation tax license renewals for 2013 are also expected to be mailed out next week, giving businesses 60 days to renew in order to conduct business in the city of Milledgeville.

For more information about applying for an alcohol license, contact the city of Milledgeville’s finance department at (478) 414-4006 or (478) 414-4010.

Click here to subscribe to The Union-Recorder print edition.

Click here to subscribe to The Union-Recorder e-edition and view this full article.