MILLEDGEVILLE — The following is information compiled from public records taken from reports of the Milledgeville Police Department and the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office. It is our policy to not disclose the names of victims. These reports do not reflect guilt or innocence. An “arrest” does not always indicate incarceration. The charges filed are noted in the narrative.
Milledgeville Police Department
- Theft of Services
- A manager at a Roberson Mill Road restaurant reported theft of services occurring July 7. At about 9:40 p.m., a group of juveniles came in and ordered several meals. They sat at a table near the front entrance. After eating, the juveniles ran out of the restaurant. The manager told the officer that their meals were worth $88.46.
- Theft by Taking
- Police were called to a South Wayne Street department store July 4 in reference to the theft of a wallet. According to the victim, she was standing in the front entrance of the store, talking with a friend. When she looked back, she noticed that her wallet was missing from her shopping cart.
- An officer reported to a North Wayne Street apartment July 6 in reference to a burglary. The victim told the officer that he left the residence July 5 at about 5:30 p.m. When he returned around 9 p.m., he noticed that someone had broken the back window of his apartment. An Arminius .32-caliber handgun was reported missing.
- Theft by Shoplifting
- On July 3, store employee at a North Columbia Street department store reported the theft of merchandise by a man. The man was seen taking a bottle of Liposome pills out of its original package and concealing it in his pocket.
- Criminal Damage to Property
- Police were called to a North Richmond Street address July 7 in regards to a criminal damage to property incident. The owner of a maroon 2005 Honda Accord told officers that when she went outside, she noticed scratches all over the vehicle. The scratches appeared to have been made by a sharp object.
-Compiled by Felicia Cummings